Microsoft Office Download
Microsoft Office Free Trial Download
When looking for a Microsoft Office free download, make sure that you visit the official Microsoft website. Other free download sources tend to be viruses, illegal programs, or scams. Through the official Microsoft website, a 60-day trial is available for free, and you will guarantee that you are safe.
The trial will help you accomplish immediate tasks and determine whether you would benefit from the program. After using the trial, you can pick and choose what software you will need to ultimately purchase.
- You can begin by searching the Microsoft downloads page or by visiting the Office 2007 trial site. After the 60-day free trial, you will need to register your product. Other popular free downloads include compatibility packs, templates, and service packs.
- Microsoft is currently offering a fully functional preview of Office 2010. You can download this version of Office for free and obtain a license that is set to expire on October 31, 2010. Microsoft released its Office 2010 beta in late 2009.
About Microsoft Office
Microsoft Office is a computer productivity suite with applications for email, data analysis, presentations, and word processing. Each program has a version available for students, home users, small businesses, and larger corporations. Users can purchase programs together or individually, depending on needs, budget, and preferences. The first version of Microsoft Office was released in 1990, and the most recent version was released in 2007. In total, twelve versions have been released through program upgrades and service packs.
Microsoft Office is designed to help users and businesses streamline tasks. Excel, for example, can perform sophisticated calculations in minutes, so users can efficiently manage their finances and mathematical calculations. Microsoft has created versions of Office to work with Windows and Macintosh operating systems. The following provides a synopsis of Microsoft Office's programs, benefits, and capabilities:
- Microsoft Word is a word processor that can be used to create documents and reports. The program has capabilities to create tables, web pages, and the program has capabilities to create tables, web pages, and layouts using different styles, colors, and formats.
- Excel is a spreadsheet tool that allows users to perform simple and complex calculations. Tools are available for data analyses and basic statistical processes. The program also allows users to create charts and graphs.
- PowerPoint is a presentation program that is used to create slideshows using text and images.
- Publisher is used to design labels and brochures.
- Outlook allows users to manage emails and contacts.
- OneNote can be used on tablet PCs to take notes.
- Communicator is an instant messaging client.
- Visio allows users to create flowcharts and organizational charts.
- Access is a database management program.
The current version of Office Home & Student retails for $149.95 and includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Standard included Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and retails for $399.95. Small Business includes Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook with Business Contact Manager, and Accounting Express and retails for $449.95. The professional version includes all of the above programs in addition to Access, a database management program, for $499.95. Each application costs between $100 and $200 when purchased individually.